Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cutting the red ribbon

This is the very first entry of my brand new journal-type thing. I have always enjoyed taking my thoughts down, although I have fallen out of the habit almost entirely since I got married.
(Which is two years to those wondering.) I do miss the Diary/Girl relationship though, which is a large reason why I want to start again. I have various hardback journals with pages remaining, as well as a different online blog that I used to update daily, I could have used either of these but I feel the need now to begin something completely new and fresh.
I plan on using this space to flesh out the random inspirations and gabbles (see blog title) that are floating around my brain. Please do not expect these to be congruent, as I am really out of practice, and don't make much sense to begin with anyway.
Subjects you can expect me to talk about in no particular order are:

My Husband, Mark. Okay, I already lied. This one is in particular order because I talk and think about him the most. I am very, very in love, and we are very, very cute together. (I am very, very biased about this.) When we were so happy and just dating each other, people would say disdainfully "Just wait until you are married." Their tone suggested that somehow vows would cause our glee and romance to tarnish or sour. Well, we were the happiest newlyweds, and cynics would still insist; "Just wait until after the first year!" Well, after a year things were better than ever and now of course we have people muttering and warning against the 3, 5, or 7 year itches. The moral of the story? Don't listen to people. Love is marvelous.


Furniture. I have a complete furniture/home design fetish. Expect plenty of pictures and room mock-ups or DIY ideas in this category.

My babies. No, I am not pregnant, but that IS a popular question! ( I get asked about every-other day by somebody or other) My babies are my 11 year old Long-haired German Shepherd, Hanna, (She was the best Christmas present ever in 1998) Oscar, our too-smart-for-his-own-britches 1.5 year old Australian Shepherd, and Country, our rescued baby sparrow who bonded with us too thoroughly to return to the wild.

I am highly motivated to start something huge and exciting about every hour for 5 minutes or so. So depending on the time of day and intensity of my current obsession(s) You will find me rambling about what I want to do when I grow up (for real) or how much I plan to trim my waist. A fringe benefit to this account is that I am somewhat of a showoff, and if I blog about it, I am going to be more inclined to complete at least a percentage of the endeavors I begin, just to save face. Thanks in advance for that!

And on that note, I have been trying to get to bed on time lately, so I will officially call this blog christened! Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment